Tax Basics

Choosing Standard or Itemized Deductions

There is a very simple way to determine if you should itemize your deductions? if the combined total of your itemized deductions is greater than the standard deduction for your filing status, then do it?

Featured Articles

Filing Status

There are five basic filing statuses that you can choose to represent your situation at tax time. Which do you qualify for and which yields the highest tax savings? Find out!

Tax Forms that Arrive in the Mail

Depending upon your individual situation, you may or may not receive a lot of tax-related forms in the mail this year. People who work for more than one employer can expect to receive a W-2 from each business by the end of January. If you have investments...more

Calculating Personal and Dependent Exemptions

Just one exemption can reduce your taxable income by $2,750. Read on to learn more about this credit's criteria.

Watch out for These Common Mistakes come Tax Season

Check out the mistakes that are most often made by taxpayers that the IRS catches!

Types of Tax PreparersNot all tax professionals are the same. Different types of tax professionals have different educational requirements and different bases of knowledge. Not all can represent you in an audit either. Take a look at our list to determine which may be right for you.

Which Form to File?

Can you get away with filing the 1040EZ, or do you need to 1040 long form? This article can help.

How to File an Extension?

So you feel as though you will not be able to meet the tax deadline for filing your return. What?s a taxpayer to do? It?s simple. Just file for an extension! Find out how.

Revising Your Tax Return

One of the two main reasons people file an amended return is to claim extra deductions or credits that they overlooked on a prior tax return. Find out how to get the money owed to you!

The Non-Tax Paying Crowd

Ignoring this whole tax thing sounds like a good idea, right? That option may be more trouble than it is worth!

Tax Tips for College Grads

Those newly graduated from college and starting out into the wide wide world can take comfort in the fact that the tax code can help them out in the areas of paying off student loans as well as relocating to their new jobs?

Tax Tips

How to fill Out Your W-4?

Strive to be accurate. You may face a $500 penalty if you end up having too little tax withheld. If you don,t file this form with your employer, the employer will have to withhold taxes at the highest rate More..

Tax FAQs

Tax Form FAQs

Tax Form FAQs will help you understand which forms to use to file. It will also explain which forms will be sent to you by employers, brokerage houses, etc.

FAQs for Filing Returns

If you want to know whether you are at risk for paying tax penalities for filing at extension, or whether you need to file a return for a deceased relative, Filing Returns FAQs can help.

FAQs on Recordkeeping

This article contains FAQs on which records to keep for claim credit for childcare expenses, records to keep for claiming home improvement expenses and other key record-keeping issues.