Tax FAQs

Tax Credit FAQs

Do you know which credits you apply for? There may be more than you think. Browse our list of credits to find out.

Featured Articles

Tax Form FAQs

Tax Form FAQs will help you understand which forms to use to file. It will also explain which forms will be sent to you by employers, brokerage houses, etc...more

FAQs for Filing Returns

If you want to know whether you are at risk for paying tax penalities for filing at extension, or whether you need to file a return for a deceased relative, Filing Returns FAQs can help...more

FAQs Relating to Audits

Can the IRS come knocking? Does audit risk increase with wealth? Read our audit-related FAQs to find out...mroe

International Tax Law FAQs

If I am a US citizen but have been living outside the United States, must I file a taxreturn? If I am employed outside of the United States, do I have to report income earned outside the US on my tax return? Find the answers to these questions and more!

Self-Employed FAQs

If you are currently self-employed or are looking to become self-employed, there is some critical information you must know.

FAQs on Recordkeeping

This are contains FAQs on which records to keep for claim credit for childcare expenses, records to keep for claiming home improvement expenses and other key record-keeping issues.

FAQs for Aliens and US Citzens Living Abroad

Did you know that foreign earnings may be tax exempt, or that nonresident alients do not need to have Medicare and Social Security withheld from their paychecks? This section deals with these topics and more.

Tax Deduction FAQs

If you paid or accrued foreign taxes to a foreign country on income that was generated from a foreign source and are subject to US tax on the same income, you may be able to take either a credit or an itemized deduction for those taxes. The difference between taking the amount as a deduction or as a credit is rather simple. Find out which can save you more money.